See you In April!
NICA New York Refund Policy & Weather Policy 2024
Rider, Team & Coaching membership fees are NOT refundable as they pertain to various activities outside of racing. This fee partially covers the year-round overhead costs of running the New York League.
Race entry fees are transferable within the current year series if we receive an email before 11:59 PM on Tuesday immediately preceding the race weekend (send email to email@example.com).
Below are the guidelines for how NICA NY will conduct races in challenging weather. Our primary considerations are the safety of racers, race support staff, race visitors, and potential damage to the race venue (trails and infield).
Any decisions regarding canceling, postponing, or altering race start times, lap length, number of laps, etc., will be made jointly by the NICA NYLeague Director, Chief Course Marshal, and land manager. Often this decision cannot be made until the day of the race due to the unpredictable and emergent nature of wet or stormy weather. That said, we will do our best to make the call TO GO or NO GO, change the venue or reschedule a race by noon, Thursday before the race weekend.
NCICL Weather Guidelines:
- Races are held on their scheduled dates and times unless the race course or weather on the day of the race is deemed unsafe or dangerous.
- NCICL can delay the start of a race from the published times if the weather has created dangerous conditions.
- Courses and/or lap lengths may be altered or shortened because of weather conditions.
- NCICL will advise of changes to the race course or lap count at the pre-race coach meeting if changes are known at that time.
- Last-minute changes will be broadcast to racers at the start of each field via the staging and starting staff.
- All racing will stop immediately in the presence of lightning, thunder, or other severe weather events. Course marshals will direct racers off course, where they can seek shelter in vehicles, trailers/RVs, or buildings.
- Re-starting a race that has been stopped (and course cleared) due to lightning (or other emergencies): depending on the schedule and number of laps completed, the race may be declared over. If time permits, racers will be directed to re-stage at the start line, and an abbreviated race will be conducted.
- If a race venue is moved or a race is rescheduled, race fees can be moved to another race weekend.
- If a race is canceled due to weather or acts of nature, NICA NY typically still incurs most expenses associated with holding the race (site fees, equipment rentals, insurance, etc). As such, we ask for your cooperation in donating your race fee to the league to help us offset those expenses and help us build a stronger league for the future. If this creates a financial hardship for you or you feel that you cannot support this guideline, please send your refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a race is canceled (not able to be moved or rescheduled):
- No team points will be awarded, and the race will not be included in the season’s overall team point standings.
- No individual points will be awarded and the race will not be included in the season’s overall individual point standings. Riders will still have a “drop race” available from the remaining races (IE: season overall standings will be calculated based on 3 of 4 per NICA rule 8.1) and the 25 series bonus points will be awarded based on the completion of all races in the shortened series.
- If a race is partially completed (some fields finish their race and others do not):
- No team points will be awarded and the race will not be included in the season’s overall team point standings.
- Individual points will be awarded in all fields that completed their race and those fields will proceed through the season as expected.
- No individual points will be awarded in the fields where races were not completed and the race will not be included in the season’s overall individual point standings. Riders will still have a “drop race” available from the remaining races (i.e.: season overall standings will be calculated based on 3 of 4 per NICA rule 8.1) and the 25 series bonus points will be awarded based on the completion of all races in the shortened series.
Rain Dates: NONE for 2024
Questions? Contact NICA NY League Director Jason Cairo email@example.com
NICA New York Kingdom Camp 2024-
Dates: Coming Soon
For many student-athletes, mountain biking is a new sport. Even experienced riders can learn something new at a NICA New York summer camp, which emphasizes proper skill, technique, and a healthy approach to riding. Certified coaches and assistants provide spot-on training and guide rides for students of all skill levels.